Friday, February 10, 2012

Studio Stampers February Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to My Paper Paradise and to the Studio Stampers February blog hop. I do hope you will join us on a hop full of Amuse Studio goodness.

I needed a quickie birthday card earlier in the week, and the new Amuse Studio colours and the hey, cupcake set just called my name.


And here's a close up of the frosting - what do you say?  Good enough to eat?


To get the wonderful frosting, I first applied a layer of Le Pouf, and, although the instructions say leave to dry for 8 hours, I didn't have time so I heat set it immediately and them sprinkled it with diamond glitter while it was still warm. (NOTE: if you do it this way, the Le Pouf can still be wet inside even when it poufs up - just don't smush it and you'll be fine).

Can you see the 'halo' effect around the flame - that's really easy to achieve with the quickie glue pen, just draw a circle of dots where you want the glitter and add glitter.  It's not your traditional glue pen, more like writing with a nice gel pen.


That's all from me, I do hope you enjoyed your visit, next stop on the hop is the very talented Kathy Hatze I can't wait to see what she has in store for us for us. Here is the complete in case you get lost on the way.  Happy hopping!

Karen Crisp
Kathy Hatze
Kristen Watson
Lianna Vigil
Angela Schellenberg
 Lisa Wakabayashi



All the supplies needed to make this card are from Amuse Studio and are available here

stamps: hey, cupcake
paper: sugar, pistachio, grapefruit
ink: grapefruit, shell, papaya
misc: le pouf, diamond glitter, Copics - Y17, Y15, RV10, quickie glue

7 comments:

Angie said...

I really like grapefruit and pistachio together. Great reminder that Le Pouf needs 8 hours to dry even after being heat set.

blah said...

Super Cute, Karen! I've been on the fence with this set but since I always need so many last minute birthday cards, I might break down and get it.

liannallama said...

So cute! I love how you kept it simple but the glitter really makes it special!

Kristen said...

LOVEly little card, Karen! I've been holding off getting stuff from the new catalog - I'm such a junkie! But seeing your creations is tempting me. (:

kari bell said...

cute! i just love the font of the "happy birthday".

Lisa Wakabayashi said...

Love the Le Pouf! Great card! Thanks for hosting the blog!

AmethystCat said...

definitely! cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...